Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jesus

When I was small, and Christmas was magical
It was a season of gifts and wonders
All I cared about was the inside
of those beautiful wrapped boxes

When I was older and knew
of that little Child born in the manger
For it me it was a heart-warming tale
Pictures of cozy hays, cute animals
bright shining stars and adoring shepherds

Only when I could understand better
what You were destined on this Earth for
slashed and whipped for our sins
a spotless Lamb, sacrificed
like a rose, trampled on the ground
to erase the wrongs on our behalf

Your birth signify something more
than Christmas tree, bells and holidays
You present to us gift of life, paid for
with Your pure and sacred blood
You snatched us from the valley of death
So we can come home to You one day

Thank You, Lord
Happy Birthday =)


Blessed Christmas, friends.
May you receive the true gift of Christmas
HuGGI3Ssss (^.^)

0 oinkss: