Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Sixer

I read an article published in The Star yesterday.

There is now an infectious idea in America about writing a life story in just six words. It's rather interesting, how much someone can express in just six words. It also reflects the most important or private moments and feelings in ones' life, as they're allowed only six words.

Lots of tales told, with different genre. Some were funny, some were sad. Some with hints of regrets, others with thirst for more in life.

~Not quite what I was planning.~
~In and out of hot water.~
~Carbohydrates call my name everyday.~
~Fell in love. Married. Divorced. Repeat.~
~More sex would have been nice.~
~Climbed mountains, didn't like the view.~

The last was expressed by a 23-year-old marketing personal who explained.
"It's a reflection of my goals. Once I accomplished them, it didn't feel as great."

It makes me ponder, how can I best sum up my life in just six words? There are so much to tell, where should I start, which should I use? After a period of soul-searching, I came up with this.


*His precious girl, cared, loved, held.*

'His' in this sixer refers to three different individuals who gave, give and will give me the same yet most essential things in my life.

The first, perhaps I should not have refer to as an individual. He is one, yet three. He's here, yet everywhere. He knows me personally, but so does Him - everyone else. He's our dearest Father in heaven, the Lord. He knows me even before I was born. His love for me was individual, planned my life before I was even formed in my mother's womb, and held me steady at times when I stumble. The Lord's love on the cross was so vast, poured onto the world for everyone, yet is still special for me, everlasting. His touch is constant, He holds me at all time, when I just started learning something, when I failed and fell, when I was wounded, when I was over-excited, when I was blinded with worldly possessions and needed holding back, He is by my side, with a warm embrace.

The second refers to my earthly father, who planned my birth 10 years after the arrival of his previous child. He willed for me to be born, so I was delivered into this world cushioned by his love. No fall was ever too pain, no hurt was ever too great when I was growing up because he was always there for me. He never put me down when I was beaten by an obstacle, but helped me up and encouraged me not to give up. he believed in me, helped built my confidence, gave me freedom to try new things, supported the path I chose for myself and trusted my judgments. As a child, I had nothing to fear, for I know my father is with me. Whenever things got too harsh outside, I can always go home.

The last mirrors a beautiful dream of a very fortunate girl. A hope and faith in finding a man who id willing to spend the rest of his life caring, loving and holding me safe, whom in return will let me love and care for him. I believe my heavenly Father had prepare for me the one, and I anticipate it.


So what's your story? Come join the phenomenon of the sixer. Tell your story. We're interested =)

0 oinkss: