Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Autism is not a barrier

Sometimes, I wonder if you're conscious of our presence
When we look at you in marvel,
at things you do in awe,

I'm amazed at the simpleness of your thoughts
at the small world you live in
as you struggle with each steps forward

Do you grasp the meaning of
the applause when you complete a task
the joy of those who see you progress
the hope many have for your growth

Does it hurt you when people look at you differently
when people whisper as they point
when pity is shown and they treat you delicately

I wish I can do more to ease the world you live in
I wish I can understand things you are trying to reach us in your own unique way
I wish parents can see you as a gift in their lives
I wish the world can acknowledge you as part of the society

I will do in the little way I can to help your walk to be a smoother one
because you are in no way different from us in God's eye....

2 oinkss:

karen said...

i am touched.

*Small~Boar* said...

=) It was a really meaningful experience for me. It gave me a better understanding of a world beside my own's.