Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We, us, ours................

I waited for you to turn around
I wished for loving gaze
I longed for your protective embrace

At times I fell, I sobbed
and yearned for your out-reached hands.
As time and coldness proved your absence, I learnt
to stand up and wipe my own tears.

Once I thought I found the one,
Once I believed in perfection,
Once I know no heartache,
I was the luckiest girl alive.

I wanted to call it quits.
Days of indifference I'd endure no more.
I knew the passion that I had lost some times ago
can no longer be rekindled.

I was tired,
tired of running to you,
tired of being turned away,
tired of waiting,
tired of hoping,
tired of making all the effort
but end up instead with dullness in
my own spirit and soul.
It was over.

You surprised me with your will to hang on
You, who seldom make any decision
You, who let me take the lead always
You, who were passive in making plans
You, who prefered a laid-nack relationship

I was moved,
At least I still mean something to you
How much and how far are you willing to go for us?

It is my turn to watch, and
your turn to run after me........

0 oinkss: