Monday, January 3, 2011

Truth

Simply let your 'yes' be 'yes' and your 'no','no'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. Matthew 5:37

Although vows and oaths are common, Jesus taught that our words alone should be enough if we are known as persons of our word. Truthfulness seems rare nowadays that we feel we must end our statements with 'I promise.' However, if we tell the truth at all times, we wouldn't feel the need to back our our words with oaths.

Above all, my brothers, do not swear - not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your 'yes' be 'yes' and your 'no', 'no' or you will be condemned. James 5:12

Some may say that truth is often the sharpest dagger,
and lies at most times are kindness....

I want my simple words to be believable.
I will choose truth.

Similarly,
I wish I can always believe you

0 oinkss: