Tuesday, July 15, 2008

1st post on UTP =)

3rd day in UTP. It’s beautiful, the buildings built by UTP itself. The old buildings left by USM are so-so. Similar to those of other government universities. UTP has the most magnificent library I’ve ever seen. The stretches of glasses that make up the walls, the flights of racks of books, it’s stunning, and the lighting outside, between the chancellor hall and the library caught my breath the first time I set my eyes on them. I know I’m going to love it here.

However, I just wish that this orientation week will pass in a flash. I hate the late night talks and activities. I hate having to walk back to our hostel which is 15 to 20 minutes from the chancellor hall, have lunch or dinner and be back at the chancellor hall in 1 hour. What madness? This totally leaves me hungry all the time. The orientation food is good though. What I dislike most is still the extremely rude discipline facilitator who shouts rudely at you if you dare to smile at him while he’s talking on the stage. He screamed rudely at the international students for not tucking in their shirts, and is always responsible for holding us back past 1am. Stupid man!! I think he needs to be disciplined!!!!!

0 oinkss: