Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chinese Orchestra

On the 21st October 2008, I had my first ever musical performance!! Although it wasn't anything big, just a performance for UTP Raya dinner, it was definitely something thrilling and memorable to me. Mind you, I used to think that I'm a music and tempo retard. And honestly, I still think I am. A million thanks to the senior who guided me patiently through every single notes and believed in me despite how clumsy I seemed with the instrument.


The instrument I play is called zhong ruan.
The guy next to me is called Jochim. He instrument he's holding is da ruan.


The only 3 juniors asked to join in the performance. *proud* hehe
But I know it's entirely by God's grace that I was given this chance. I seriously still can't relate myself to music.
The girl in the middle was my mortal when we played the angel game during the orientation.


The 1st guy from the right is the senior who taught me and Jochim.
Heis crazy. He can play zhong ruan, da ruan, er hu, liu qin, cello and a little of di zhi. And he learnt all these after he came to UTP!!!

The guy in black is our conductor.

This might seem a little over rated for some, but I truly am happy that I got involved in the Chinese Orchestra. I still remember the futile effort I put on guitar. God has an amazing way of giving us what we want. He knows the love I have for Chinese culture and the craving I had to learn an musical instrument, and ta da!!! He introduced me to Chinese Orchestra =P
I love you, Lord... wish I can hug you... *HUGS*


*so merlvyn, this answer your Qs? =P

2 oinkss:

Anonymous said...

"He can play zhong ruan, da ruan, er hu, liu qin, cello and a little of di zhi. And he learnt all these after he came to UTP!!!"

wah, UTP so much free time eh? haha. jk

Stella, am super proud of you girl! esp you doing something I too enjoy alot. hope you are enjoying it as much as (or even more) than I do. Dont worry about your past instruments. in fact, i played violin and drums way before i took up guitar. it takes time to find the instrument thats for you.

whatever you do, do your best for the glory of God. =)

*Small~Boar* said...

well, i find myself very busy la.. maybe he can do everything twice or triple my speed =S

hehe, I can tell that you can really relate yourself with this. It's the longest comment you left on my blog since, well the start of my blog =P But really, comparing me to you? feel abit humbled =P

i honestly love it lo.. just hope that i can keep progressing when there's no one to guide me next sem, the senior's going intern.

I'm proud to have a friend like you too *.^ oh, and i really feel honored that you did the tag because i tag one wor =)